By: Andrew Gavin (@GBGavin)
GREEN BAY, Wis. (GreenBayPhoenix.com) – Head coach Brian Wardle will be hosting four more camps this summer at the Kress Center, beginning next week with Elite Camp Monday and Individual Instruction Camps starting on Tuesday. While helping area players improve their talent and skill level, Coach Wardle's Camps provide a fun environment of basketball and give young players a chance to learn from Division I players and coaches.
"We invite all basketball players and their friends to join us for one or more of our camps this summer,” said Wardle. “We offer camps for all ages and skill levels, and our goal is for all of our campers to get tremendous instruction, work hard to become a better player, and most importantly, have fun!”
Two former products of Coach Wardle’s Camp, Little Chute natives Turner Botz and Kenneth Lowe, will be member of the Green Bay men’s basketball team beginning in 2013-14.
For registration or more information on the camps, which are all detailed below with dates, please visit CoachWardlesCamp.com. Walk-ups are also welcome.
June 17, Grades 9-12: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. ($45)
- The elite camp is designed for the basketball player looking to take their game to the next level. Coach Wardle and the Green Bay staff will put each camper through a workout specifically tailored for individual skill development. Only serious players should apply.
Individual Instruction Camps
June 18-21; Grades K-2: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. ($120); Grades 3-12: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. ($250)
- Both Individual Instruction sessions of Coach Wardle’s Camp are designed to combine a perfect blend of group work, competition and games to develop the skill level of all the campers. A heavy emphasis will be on fun, enjoyable games so every player can develop a love of the game.
June 24-25; Grades K-2: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. ($60); Grades 3-12: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. ($125)
August 7-9; Grades K-2: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. ($90); Grades 3-12: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. ($185)
- Coach Wardle’s scoring camps will allow campers to work on everything from shooting form, creating their own shot, dribble moves, passing and coming off screens.
Each Camper Receives:
- Camp jersey (not provided at Clinics)
- Personal evaluation
- Basketball skills / drills handbook
- Green Bay basketball season highlight DVD
- Official Game Program
Daily Schedule - Individual Instruction & Scoring Camps
9:00 – Warm-up
9:15 – Camp specific skill development
11:00 – Camp skill competitions
12:00 – Lunch
1:00 – Guest speakers
2:00 – Games (Camp specific)
3:00 – Camp contest
4:00 – Dismissal
- Come dressed and ready to go in shorts & camp jersey (jersey handed out at registration).
- Drinks, snacks, t-shirts and other items available at the Camp Store.
- Bring your own lunch or buy pizza at the Camp Store.
- Be ready to have some fun.
For the latest and most up-to-date information on Green Bay Athletics, please visit GreenBayPhoenix.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @GBPhoenix, @GBPhoenixMBB and @GBGavin.
Like Green Bay Phoenix men’s basketball and Green Bay Phoenix Athletics on Facebook.