Boockmeier Finishes in Tie for Fifth at Dallio Memorial
LEMONT, Ill. (GreenBayPhoenix.com) - Sophomore Tom Boockmeier (Green Bay, Wis.) played three solid rounds and finished in a tie for fifth place in this weekend's John Dallio Memorial hosted by DePaul. Green Bay finished in 10th place out of 15 teams at the 54-hole tournament, played at Ruffled Feathers Golf Club in Lemont, Ill.
Marquette won the tournament with a team score of 41-over 905. The Phoenix sat in a tie for third place after the first round but fell to 10th after a 321 on Sunday left Green Bay at 72-over 936.
Boockmeier fired rounds of 72, 76 and 77 to finish in a tie for fifth place and lead the Phoenix at 9-over 225. He was just four strokes behind individual champion Kyle Henning of Valparaiso.
Junior Dan Ozga (Edgerton, Wis.) carded a 2-over 74 in round two and was second on the Phoenix in a tie for 31st at 17-over 233.
Green Bay will be in action again on Monday and Tuesday, playing in the 36-hole Butler Invitational in Indianapolis.
1. Marquette, 306-298-301=905
2. DePaul, 311-304-295=910
3. Northern Iowa, 306-304-301=911
4. SIU Edwardsville, 311-304-297=912
5. Valparaiso, 311=293-310=914
6. Loyola, 311-297-308=916
7. Northern Illinois, 317-300-301=918
8. Oakland, 312-309-299=920
9. IUPUI, 323-301-305=929
10. Green Bay, 307-308-321=936
11. Columbia, 316-307-313=939
12. Evansville, 307-315-319=941
13. Eastern Illinois, 316-314-316=946
14. Western Illinois, 322-316-3111=949
15. Chicago State, 393-399-405=1197
For the latest and most up-to-date information on Green Bay Athletics, please visit GreenBayPhoenix.com.
Like Green Bay Phoenix Athletics on Facebook.