Women's Tennis Downed in Weekend Finale Against Northern Kentucky
GREEN BAY, Wis. (GreenBayPhoenix.com) --- The Green Bay women's tennis team closed out this weekend's action on Sunday versus Northern Kentucky at Western Racquet & Fitness Club for its second league pairing of the season, falling to the Norse 6-1.
The only Phoenix point in the match was earned by Chiara Berg on the No. 3 court when she rallied to defeat Katja Dijanezevic [2-6, 7-5, 1-0(8)].
The Phoenix women will return to the court on Saturday, April 1 at Oakland at 3 p.m.
Northern Kentucky 6, Green Bay 1
1. Margita Sunjic (NKU) def. Olivia Headford (GB) 6-1, 6-0
2. Klara Skopac (NKU) def. Jule-Sophie Hermann (GB) 6-1, 6-2
3. Chiara Berg (GB) def. Katja Dijanezevic (NKU) 2-6, 7-5, 1-0(8)
4. Danielle Donahue (NKU) def. Tallie Piaskowski (GB) 6-0, 6-0
5. Sierra Nellessen (NKU) def. Theresa Tebon (GB) 6-4, 6-1
6. Yasmine Xantos (NKU) def. Samm Pedersen (GB) 6-1, 6-0
1. Klara Skopac/Margita Sunjic (NKU) def. Tallie Piaskowski/Theresa Tebon (GB) 6-0
2. Sydney Power/Sierra Nellessen (NKU) def. Jule Herman/Chiara Berg (GB) 7-5
3. Danielle Donahue/Yasmine Xantos (NKU) vs. Samm Pedersen/Maria Neff (GB) 6-6, abandoned