Women's Tennis Drops Dual to Wright State on Saturday
DAYTON, Ohio (GreenBayPhoenix.com) – The Green Bay women’s tennis team (1-17, 0-8 HL) began its final weekend of the Horizon League regular season on Saturday afternoon, dropping a 5-2 decision against Wright State (18-7, 5-3 HL).
The Raiders clinched the doubles point with 6-1 wins at No. 2 and No. 3, before claiming four of the six singles match to win by its final margin.
Juniors Olivia Headford and Jule-Sophie Hermann both supplied Phoenix with wins at the No. 1 and No. 4 flights, as Headford downed WSU's Karoline Haller 6-3, 5-7, 11-9, and Sophie-Hermann knocked off Vanessa Madrigal 4-6, 6-4, 10-7.
Green Bay has a quick turnaround before its final match of the season, as it travels to Covington, Ky., on Sunday to take on the Northern Kentucky Norse (7-11, 2-6 HL). First serve is scheduled for noon.
1. Olivia Headford (GB) def. Karoline Haller (WSU) 6-3, 5-7, 11-9
2. Elaine Cloern (WSU) def. Stephanie Londre (GB) 7-5, 6-2
3. Tori Turner (WSU) def. Chiara Berg (GB) 6-1, 6-2
4. Jule-Sophie Hermann (GB) def. Vanessa Madrigal (WSU) 4-6, 6-4, 10-7
5. Aby Madrigal (WSU) def. Samm Pedersen (GB) 6-1, 7-5
6. Taylor Culbertson (WSU) def. Maria Neff (GB) 6-2, 6-1