By: Jill Wunrow
GREEN BAY, Wis. (GreenBayPhoenix.com) - For the third consecutive season, the Green Bay women's basketball team will once again compete in a regular season tournament as it travels to Cancun, Mexico for the Cancun Challenge being held November 22-24.
Phoenix fans are invited to share in the experience at the Moon Palace Resort where Green Bay will play three games. James Madison, Minnesota, Missouri, Richmond and Wichita State along with two other teams to be announced at a later date will also be participating in the eight-team field.
This will be Green Bay's second time in three years participating in the Cancun Challenge. During the 2010-11 season the Phoenix went undefeated in the tournament, defeating Hartford (78-44), Penn State (78-74) and Utah (60-40). Green Bay's performance in the Cancun Challenge aided in the program's highest seed (5) in the NCAA Tournament, culminating with its first trip to the Sweet 16. To view a photo gallery of Green Bay's experience at the 2010 Cancun Challenge, click here.
Games will be played in the ballroom at the Moon Palace Resort. This is an all-inclusive, ocean front resort property that provides all food and beverages, activities on the resort and a quick walk from the beach to the basketball games.
The Triple Crown fan lodging and admission packages include the following:
- Admission to all women's basketball games
- Lodging at the Moon Palace Resort
- Unlimited food and beverages (14 restaurants to choose from and 24 hour room service)
- Round trip ground transfers to/from Cancun airport to Moon Palace
- Resort credit per room for golf, spa services and optional tours
- All taxes, tips and gratuities
- Airfare to Cancun is NOT included in the package
For the latest and most up-to-date information on Green Bay Athletics, please visit GreenBayPhoenix.com.