Green Bay Men's Basketball to Hold Walk-On Tryouts
GREEN BAY, Wis. (GreenBayPhoenix.com) – Head coach Brian Wardle and the Green Bay men’s basketball program will hold an open tryout for the upcoming season on Thursday Oct. 17 from 2-4 p.m. in the Kress Events Center’s Dick Bennett Gym.
All UW-Green Bay students who are enrolled in a minimum of 12-credit hours are invited to try out to be a member of the 2013-14 men’s basketball team.
Prior to the tryout, prospective walk-ons must present the following:
- Written documentation of an updated physical completed by a physician in the last six months which states the student is cleared to participate in athletic activities - to the Green Bay Athletics training staff.
- Incoming Student-Athlete Packet
- Sickle Cell Form
- Liability Waiver
- All prospective athletes must also be registered in the NCAA clearinghouse, and academically eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- Once the athletics training staff has signed off on the physical, they will present the prospective student-athlete with the walk-on tracking form.
- In addition to the proper forms, athletes need to bring gym shorts and tennis shoes for testing.
- Contact director of basketball operations Colin Schneider by phone (920-465-5046) or by e-mail at email@example.com for more information
The deadline to register for participation in the tryout is Friday, October 11, 2013 at 3:00 pm.
For more information on season ticket packages, single-game ticket purchases and promotions for the upcoming 2013-14 men’s basketball season, please call visit the official Green Bay Phoenix ticket page, call Athletics Ticketing and Fan Experience Manager Logan Hendricks at 920.465.5087 or visit PMI’s ticketing website.
For the latest and most up-to-date information on Green Bay Athletics, please visit GreenBayPhoenix.com.Green Bay Phoenix men’s basketball and Green Bay Phoenix Athletics on Facebook.